Dear Spirit Garage Members & Friends:
Hard to believe that 2018 is over halfway through! What a year it’s shaping up to be at Spirit Garage! We were thrilled to “officially” install Pastor Holly this summer after welcoming her as our Pastor in 2017.
Some of our other year-to-date activities include:
1. TWO community chili cook-off’s – Longfellow and Hook & Ladder
2. Longfellow Community Council’s Pie-no-Pie resource fair
4. Bible study at Peace Coffee
5. Theology conversations at Sisters’ Sludge
6. Book discussions at Moon Palace books
7. Open Streets
8. May Day Parade
10. Outdoor worship at Minnehaha and Lake Harriet (coming up on 9/2!)
We don’t talk much about finances, and that is on purpose. We don’t want our friends, members or people checking out Spirit Garage for the first time to feel pressure to give. However, from time to time, it is important to point out where we’re at from a financial perspective, in order to continue the good work that Spirit Garage has been up to the past 20+ years in helping people grow in their relationship with God and each other.
Spirit Garage is behind on our offering. Through 6/30/18, actual giving is $35,232, and our budget was $47,790. There is still time to make up our deficit!
This is a great time to re-evaluate your offering and consider making a one-time gift, or consider beginning or increasing your regular donation, if your budget allows. If you’d like assistance or resources with budgeting, please feel free to reach out to me.
As a reminder, you can give in the following ways:
- Text-to-Give is remarkably easy! Send the amount you want to give to (612) 255-1603. You’ll be taken to a webpage to enter your information. A “thank you” for your gift will be sent via text and email. At any time you can type “repeat” or a new amount and the gift will be made from your account.
- Electronically by visiting the Spirit Garage Donation Page to make a one-time or recurring gift
- Send check to Spirit Garage at 4100 Lyndale Ave S., Minneapolis MN 55409
- Come to worship, and put your cash or check into the oil cans that are passed around during announcements.
Thank you for your partnership in growing God’s kingdom! I look forward to celebrating Spirit Garage’s 21st birthday with you in October!
Drivetrain Team Member (leadership team) and Children’s Ministry Parent Coordinator