3450 Snelling Ave (but actually
park in back on Dight)
For the first time in a long time, worship in the flesh
We are planning to return to in-person worship on Pentecost, May 23rd. We will throw open the really big garage door in back of Squirrel Haus Arts. You will be invited to bring your own lawn chairs if you have them, and plant them (with some distance) outside in the driveway. We intend to try worship outside here all summer long.
When and where?
Squirrel Haus Arts is a warehouse space that is friendly to artists and non-profits and the queer community and also us! Such a great mix! It is located at 3450 Snelling ave, but we will be meeting out back on Dight Street. The front entry will not be in service. Park on Dight Ave across street from SHA, and down the West side of block in front of long building. Do not park next-door on their parking pad. 24 hour in-use. There is a Bus stop located at Minnehaha Ave and 35th Street. Walk two blocks West on 35th St to Dight Ave.
We’ve created some guidelines based on the CDC guidance for our gathering together. These may change as information about the virus and community spread changes.
We ask that you do not attend in-person worship if you answer “yes” to any of these questions:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last two weeks?
- Have you had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you developed any of the following symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
- New or worsening cough or shortness of breath?
- Sore throat?
- New loss of sense of smell or taste?
- Do you have a fever of 100 degrees or more and/or have you taken medication to reduce a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
Bring your own lawn chair if you have one (and we’ll have some chairs available for people who can’t).
1. Set your chair(s) up with about 6 feet of space between you and the next person/people
2. Sit with who you came with (or who is in your “Pod” or family)
Bring a mask:
We won’t be requiring people to wear them during worship outside, per the new guidance from the CDC. But we ask you to follow these guidelines:
1. Put your mask on if you’ll be in a longer (15 minutes) conversation with people at a closer range than 6 feet.
2. Put a mask on to use the bathroom at Squirrel Haus Arts.
Give people Space:
Seek consent and pay attention to people’s boundaries when approaching people/hugging/handshaking or elbow bumping. People have different comfort levels around touch and space EVEN IN NORMAL TIMES, so lets practice good skills around communicating about boundaries.
Food and Beverages:
We will serve coffee and tea and juice and water, but we won’t bring food back just yet. Except communion; see below.
We will be serving communion; the communion wine will be served in compostable cups pre-poured on a tray, and the bread will be served either with gloves or from tongs. You will have to be within 6 feet of communion servers, but the time spent with you coming forward to receive the bread and wine is not enough time to transmit the virus.
Some Additional Info:
We know it’s going to get hot. We know there will be rain. There may even be a chilly morning or two. We don’t know when what weather will happen. You get to decide if you want to be online or in person. You can mitigate the elements with things like umbrellas, (works for sun and rain!) hats, sunscreen, water, etc. Plan accordingly, and we’ll still be there online on the worst weather days.
But we’ll also still be online
We’ll also be staying online, and working on the best ways for this to remain a good experience for people.
During this time we’re also exploring the best physical location for Spirit Garage to meet after the summer is over.