2940 Harriet Ave; Minneapolis
Sign up to serve at Provision Restaurant!
Provision Restaurant serves people, regardless of their ability to pay. They exist with the help of volunteers and donations, making every effort to provide our neighbors with a fully-engaging dining experience in a warm and friendly atmosphere. This experience includes a nutritious feast and exceptional service. Although financial contributions are encouraged and appreciated, all are welcome to dine with us regardless of their ability to pay for the day’s meal.
Provision Community Restaurant is a volunteer-based organization.
Garage Ladies’ Aid is taking the 2nd shift: 6 to 8:30 p.m. There is a first shift – 4 to 6:30 p.m. We could also sign up for that one if there is interest from a couple of people. Please note if you’d be interested in the first shift and we can add on. Sign up here.
Volunteer Roles/Primary Tasks
- cashier-accepting voluntary contributions from diners
- dishwasher-washing dishes during and after meal service
- server-family-style service (large platters and bowls served and refilled as needed)
- busser-clearing dishes during and after meal service
- host/greeter-welcoming and guiding guests through their dining experience
Additional Volunteer Tasks
- Set tables for dinner service
- Prepare service stations with serving utensils, extra silverware, napkins, etc
- Prepare beverages (coffee, water) for service
- Clear and wipe tables and chairs
- Sweep/Mop dining area
- Clean all dishes, cooking and preparation surfaces, sink and equipment
- Take garbage and recyclables to proper disposal area